Alright, there’s no baseball in sight. It’s a mere 10ish days until Christmas. If you’re going to watch your way to a good Christmas, you don’t have much time. Here are our top 20 personal favorites. Some you’ve heard of, some you haven’t, and some you might not think is a Christmas movie!
1. Christmas Vacation – It’s on right now in fact. Inspired the damn post. If you don’t have this as one of your top ones, you aren’t human. It’s not the holiday season until it has played in your home at least once.
2. Frosty the Snowman – I forgot how much I loved this one. Until my two year old discovered how much she loved it. We dance in a ‘circle’, just the two of us. It’s like the kids do around Frosty, except there’s just the two of us.
3. Mickey’s Christmas Carol – Available on YouTube, and our personal favorite. Brings out the soft spot in us.
4. The Kid Who Loved Christmas – It’s EXTREMELY underrated. If you can ever find it, anywhere. Watch it.
5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – I had a crush on Clarisse, the doe; when I was younger.
6. Home Alone
7. Home Alone 2
8. Elf – I owe this one to my wife. Wouldn’t give it a chance until she came along.
9. The Santa Clause
10. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas – The cartoon, not the Jim Carrey version.
12. Goodfellas – This would be higher, but you’re going to argue it’s not a Christmas movie. I disagree. There’s a scene in the movie that you know is around Christmas. Frosty the Snowman plays in the background. Then everyone gets whacked. It’s a good watch in any season.
13. Charlie Brown’s Christmas
14. Bad Santa
15. A Christmas Story – Save this one for the marathon on Christmas Eve. This has been a household tradition since I was in high school.
16. Die Hard – I need to watch this again soon.
17. The Santa Clause 2
18. Lethal Weapon
19. Bad Santa 2 – I just saw this with my dad. I was almost awkward sitting next to the old fella, it was so filthy. But funny!
20. The Muppet Christmas Carol
Those are our top 20 musts. Debate, discuss, and list your top five in the comments!