A sad day has come. One of the finest gents of them all (whatever that means) has fallen into last place in the inaugural Gentleman’s Game Cup Circuit standings. The man who was chasing him (JSquad34) put up a 142.5 point performance last night to win the Gentleman’s Game going away.
There was also the weekly switcheroo at the top, with DStars45 reclaiming the top spot with a nice second place finish, and with Swindaman3’s last place in last night’s action he falls back to a comfortable second place lead over the T3bird04.
A look at the yearly DFS baseball totem pole between these gentleman:
DStars45 – 64.5 points
Swindaman3 – 62.5 Points
t3bird04 – 55 Points
Jsquad34 – 53 Points
Diamondhoggers – 51 points
A couple really nice calls here if you look at JSquad34’s lineup:
- He used Wily Peralta, a sneaky and cheap play in the $5000 range against the lowly Phillies. That’s just not a lineup that’s going to hit a lot. This allowed JSquad to spend elsewhere on hitters.
- Another nice half-measure by JSquad was to use Corey Kluber. With some high priced aces on the board (David Price, Max Scherzer, among others) on the board, JSquad pulled a nice swerve picking Kluber against the Twinkies; a team he’s mastered many times before. His complete game victory garnered the highest performance of the night in DFS with 37.55 points. This also left some funds over for JSquad to use…..
- Aging porn star Stephen Vogt. He’s certainly performed like an aging porn star this season; starting off really hot and slowly fading after an All Star performance. Vogt had his best stuff on display for the directors last night though; Dirk Diggler’ing his way to 24 points with three hits including a home run. He’ll now go back to the depths of fantasy Hell in your yearly leagues and DFS like the aging porn star he is. He looks like an aging male porn star out there.
- Matt Carpenter and his 19 points – quietly one of the hottest DFS commodities out there right now. Used by only ONE gent. The winning gent.
- Seems like A.J. Pollock is good for ten any time you trot him out there.
- Mike Trout gave 12 points, solid.
- Other than that, Cano, Goldschmidt, Puig, and Bogaerts just didn’t zero for Jsquad. This was as key as anything as they poured in an additional 19 points to get him to 142.50.
So what’s going to happen next week? The drama is so intense you could cut it with a butter knife.
Will Diamondhoggers continue to use their best 169 point lineup in the solo shot to win six dollars? Will t3bird04 come off his branch to make a push for second place? Will Stephen Vogt bring his stubbled mustache out of retirement again on a Friday night to help someone find glory? Will Swindaman3 ‘almost use Matt Kemp’ for a cycle again? Does DStars45 have a magical month left in him to raise the chalice of milk awarded to all Gentleman’s Cup Champions?
You MUST tune in next week to find out.