Prince Fielder wins the derby for the third time. He’s tied with Ken Griffey Jr. now as the leader in the clubhouse by accomplishing the feat that many times.
Here’s a couple of other memories we’ll take from last night’s derby:
- The crowd booing Robinson Cano for not allowing Billy Butler to partake in the derby, and Cano zeroing out for the contest.
- Mark Trumbo golfing out a few 420 foot shots where the pitch was pretty low and should have been taken.
- Chris Berman had a careful amount of ‘back-back-backs’ but hasn’t entirely done away with the phrase.
- Interviews with Mike Trout and Bryce Harper, getting their first look at being All-Stars.
- Seemed like the energy at Kauffman Stadium was there last night overall.
- I want some of the Kansas City Barbecue.
- The fountain spray for sunken pearls added a nice touch.
- My wife turned on the Bachelorette for round two. I watched the final round of Joey Bats vs. Prince on my iPhone. Brutal, but it was even getting boring for me. The main course is this evening, I thought to myself.
And that’s it about the 2012 Home Run Derby. The next one will be my 30th. Gross.