Thursdays are cool and all because they almost represent the weekend. They’re even better when there is some baseball waiting to be watched on the weekend. Today we show you a few links with some good baseball reading waiting to be read:
- 89 years ago last tuesday, Walter Johnson threw an 18-inning shutout. Coffeyville Whirlwind goes into detail about the Big Train’s amazing outing.
- The Baseball Analysts go into great detail with some hardcore analysis on sinister thefts (stolen bases). If you have the time, this is an interesting and informative read.
- Baseball Church wants to save 2007, and they are calling for our boy Jerry
- Fenway Blogger tells us that Josh Beckett who is 7-0 on the season will miss his start tomorrow at Fenway park due to the sore on his pitching hand.
- Former Oakland A’s flamethrower Dave Stewart talks about the Indian’s reasons for success thus far. Always liked watching Stewart pitch as a kid, even if he talked kind of like a woman.
- Finally, With Leather has some strange quotes from Ichiro Suzuki and his stance on steroids. They’re weird.