It’s a week before opening night. I can hardly contain the excitement I have about the upcoming season. Here’s some interest points from around baseball tonight:
- Redleg Nation reports Hal Mccoy of the Dayton Daily News (good source) says that Dustin Hermanson is the closer of the Reds to open the season. This makes me happy, since I just picked up a flyer on him for fantasy baseball.
- Had to post this because in our past, the editors were huge MVP BASEBALL fans, the Oriole Post has done a simulation team capsule for the upcoming season using the game.
- Bad news for editor George, but Yardbarker says that Derek Jeter will not repeat the success he had in 2006, which was arguably a career year for him. They expect a .20 point drop in batting average.
- Here’s a feature that had the editors of Diamond Hoggers scratching their heads, and me kicking myself becaue one of my big guns starts the season on the DL. Yankees Baseball Blog talks about Wang’s Pain is Pavano’s gain.
- Milwaukee Opinion talks about Bull Durham being the best baseball movie ever. I agree.
- Deadspin.com previews the Oakland A’s.
- We saved the best for last, Grasshopper Ramblings explains Why time begins on Opening Day. Oh how I agree. Can’t wait.